• Inflammation of the intestine.
• It is one of a group of diseases called inflammatory bowel disease.
• Crohn"s disease can affect any area of digestive system from the mouth to the anus.
• It commonly affects the lower part of the small intestine called the ileum.
• Abnormal reaction by the body"s immune system
• Family History
• Commonly starts between the ages of 13 and 30
• Pain in the abdomen
• Gaseousness in abdomen
• Bleeding from the rectum
• Weight loss
• CT scan
• MRI scan
• Barium x-ray
• Histopathology (biopsy)
• Intestinal - blockages, perforation, narrowing , adhesions, fistula, etc.
• Pus pockets in abdomen
Medical Management: There is no cure for Crohn"s. Treatment can help control symptoms, and may include medicines, nutrition supplements.
Note: Some people have long periods of remission, when they are free of symptoms.
Surgery: in case of complications (when medical treatment fails)
An Advanced Laparoscopy & Urology Center.